Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 March 2012

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and your ancillary texts?

All of my three projects work well and link together however each one is slightly different. I felt is was important to create a continuity between them yet keep them interesting enough to keep the audience looking at it. The colours, texts and effects of each photo and therefore project are very similar and I think that brand that I have created for Jessie J would be fun yet mysterious and many girls would like to be like her and many guys would want to try and understand her. This means that the target audience is not just aimed at one gener and the brand appeals to more people.

As you can see,  this is similar to the poster (below) as the colours are similar and so is the costume. They work well together because they are similar without being tediously the same. I am really proud of my projects as I didn't just go for the obvious and harder options, I thought about what would sell and what looks best, sometimes less is more if it is done with a lot of attention to detail. I have also included the album cover on the poster so that people can relate the two together.

I went for similar colourings to the album cover and I used the same text throughout. The same for the Jessie J, the front used on "Who You Are" is also used on the song name "I Need This" and most of the other text is what I used for her track listings. I also used the running theme of the "light box" on here as I did on the digipak and I included that companies that support Jessie J. Her pose is very similar and I think that she looks classy and elegent. Her costume is the same as the music video which shows coninuity and the setting is similar to that in the video which has the same effect.






This is a still from my music video, yet again the facial expression and the costume are very similar which shows that each project co-insides with one another very well. I didn't wany anything too out of the ordanary for the differences between each project as this might seem too odd and then they would not relate with one another.

In the end, I am really happy with my projects, they took a lot of time and stresses but I am so proud of what I have acheived. It was quite hard working on my own however I knew that I had my own ideas and I didn't want to comprimise them. I wanted my achievements to be for myself and I think they they have paid off. I think that each project emphasises the "look" that I was going for with Jessie J which is a moody, seductive, beautiful and strong woman. This makes the fact that even she can go through a distressing and confusing time in her life even more significant; this means that girls will be able to relate to her, making her image very relatable and likeable and the boys will be mesmorised by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment